ANNUAL REPORT 2020-21
There is always a podium laid for every individual to Dream! To Desire! To Determine! To Decide their Destiny! DWPS Kolkata is one of the best in discovering every approach as flair to bloom into vibrant colours. We invite all your eye sights to view our hard work, commitments in all areas on the juncture towards a wide connotation. We are privileged to be able to furnish our journey in form of the Annual Report of the School.
- INCEPTION OF DWPS KOLKATA :- Postponed in March 2020 due to sudden Lockdown declared across the Nation to prevent Pandemic, Delhi World Public School, Kolkata, the 45thSchool Campus of Delhi World Foundation (DWF), witnessed its inception on 10th June 2020. Commemorating the grand occasion, a Parent Orientation Program was held on the virtual platform which was led by Ms Louise Khurshid, honourable Chairperson, DWF, Ms Punam Kashyap, Director – ERC, DWF and many other luminaries. This program was a success beyond our estimate.
- INTER SCHOOL DRAWING COMPETITION : – As an endeavor to mark the special occasion of the inception of the School, an Inter-School Drawing Competition was arranged at a large scale, where Students from different Schools across Kolkata and neighboring Districts had participated.
- WORLD YOGA DAY CELEBRATION :- In order to make co-scholastic area more interesting and to offer our Students something unique amidst the advent of the Pandemic caused due to deadly Covid-19 Virus, a special Online Celebration was arranged on the occasion of World Yoga Day where a renowned dietician addressed all our Students and the Parents through a virtual Platform, concerning their mental wellbeing and the benefit of having healthy diet..
- ONLINE TERM EXAMINATIONS :- The 1stTerm and 2nd Term Examinations were held through virtual platform for the Primary and Upper Primary Classes. Students were also assessed through continuous, periodic and comprehensive evaluations.
- ONLINE PTM :- Considering the plight of the Parents who were unable to reach School for PTM due to the Lockdown, Online PTM was held at a regular interval. E-Report Card was shared with the Students through ERP system. Reviews and updates of the Parents were collected through Online PTM.
- AWARDED AS BEST UPCOMING SCHOOL IN KOLKATA :- DWPS Kolkata was awarded as the Best Upcoming School In Kolkatain Icon Of Indian Education Excellence Awards 2021, on 21st March 2021.
- ERP :- As a part of our World Class Education System, we introduced an independent and highly comprehensive as well as scientifically customized ERP System, which in recent times is considered as the most important USP of any modern educational organization. The Report Cards of all Assessments were successfully published through ERP. Training sessions were held periodically for Parents to get accustomed with ERP System. E-Library system is also incorporated with the ERP to provide better coverage to the Students at all levels. Payment Gateway has been also incorporated with ERP to help the Parents pay Fees hassle free.
- CUSTOMISED ANDROID APP FOR THE PARENTS :- One more attempt to digitize the Schooling was the introduction of a customized and fully functional Android Application for the Parents with a user friendly interface which contain almost all Academic and Non Academic information and day to day reports of their wards. Starting from real time tracking of the transport vehicles that carry their wards to and from the school, to Daily Homework given by different Teachers for different Subjects, everything is at the finger tip of the Parents.
Special Journey through the Lockdown
Due to the Lockdown imposed by the Government and the subsequent policies compelling us to run the Academics of the School only through online mode, a ready remedy was prescribed to the Parents in form of ZOOM Classes. Each ZOOM Class was made of a particular time frame where Teachers efficiently delivered Lecture with Visual Aids for the Students like Worksheets. Tutorials were provided for the Parents and Students to make them thoroughly acquainted with the technical aspects of the ZOOM App.
Academic and Non Academic Achievement
- The Academic Result of the Students of all Classes improved considerably in Term I and Term II examination as a result of strict and effective Academic Strategies.
- Special Attentionwas given to improve the Academic Result of below average Students.
- Remedial Classwas introduced to help all categories of Students of all Classes to score better in Examinations and the Result was excellent.
- Ms Debjani Sengupta, Principal, DWPS Kolkata, has been awarded as the Best Principalin West Bengal Education Leadership Awards 2021.
- School Website was refurnished as per the guidelines of the State Govt. of West Bengal and CBSE.
- Documentation was done for State Govt. Recognition of School.
- Furniture was procured to meet the requirement of all Students in offline Classes, though the Lockdown continued.
- All necessary items were procured to ensure of Fire Safety, Safe Drinking Water and Sanitary Condition in the School premises.
- Boundary Wall was erected around the School Building, as per the prescribed Govt. guideline.
Immediate Concern –
- Chemicals, Raw Materials, Apparatus and Scientific Items to be procured for Labs.
- Equipments to be procured for Mathematics Lab.
Five Year Planning (Mission 2021-2026) –
- A fully operational Mess Facility to be constructed to cater to the dietary needs of the Students and Staff members.
- A.I. Lab to be furnished with the best I.T. Infra.
- Special attention will be given to the Sports department to improve the approach in terms of creating Players for the State Level and National Level under SGFI and CBSE.